Saturday, November 11, 2006

Enjoying the benefits of bookmarks
Bookmarks enable you to save addresses of your favourite sites so that you can easely return to them without having to retype the address everytime , and you can visit them in the future, even when you're smemorato like me!! You can also decide to bookmark your favourite sites and share them with other members of the community, so you enjoy the social function of bookmarks : you can search for other people's favorites and add their sites to your favourites ones , putting a word or a tag into a field you can find different subjects and get know new friends, who share your same interests.
I surfed in my fellows' favourite websites and all attracted my attention; most of them are about how to improve or to help our language abilities, as the one called "Using English tenses"( by Francesca) or" The use of article or no article in English"(by Annalisa).I really think the bookmark called "Complete guide to phrasal verbs "( thanks Sve) is the one I need to add to my favourites. In fact there is not only the explanation of the word and of its use but also the pronunciation. It's also easy to use, that in my opinion is one of the more important things for a bookmark as my computer skills are limited. I like also Markello's idea of putting the site
"How to write a thesis" and the one of Giorgia of putting "Stages in Italy and abroad". I think Barbara gave me an hand with her site " 11 grammar rules",so everytime I can check my punctuation when I'm writing something. Finally I want to cite the site
"learning vocabulary with games" (by Alice). It's an amusing way of revising some vocabulary and also learning new specific words.Thank you guys, see you at lesson.
Lucrezia

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Dear Lucrezia,
You seem to have managed to set up your blog and explore del.icio.us and finish e-tivity 5 – that’s a lot in one week so “job well done”! You’ve given us a good description of social bookmarking, which shows you’ve understood the task. Blogging tip: it would be nice if you made the titles of your peers’ sites hyperlinks. If you don’t know how to do it, we can work on it in class.

Just a few language comments:
- punctuation: no comma before “so”, you’ve got one really long sentence with too many commas: after “attention” put a semi-colon, after “Annalisa” put a full stop, after “favorites” a full stop again; comma after “to use” followed by “which”
- “putting a task” what do you mean?
- word order: “retype everytime the address”, “like also”
- vocabulary: “know” vs. “get to know” vs. “meet”, “in fact” is two words in English
- relative pronouns: “who”, “which” or “that”?

Sarah

2:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home